From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Belton Camp, a Mennonite Civilian Public Service camp under the National Park Service, was located just inside Glacier National Park and a half mile from Belton, Montana. The camp, No. 55, was opened in September 1942 and closed in September 1946. The principal task of the men was to protect the surrounding forest areas from fire. Their work included the repairing and building of fire trails and bridges. In September 1945 more than 200 men were enrolled in the camp.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Belton, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Belton,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=86836.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Civilian Public Service Camp (Belton, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Belton,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=86836.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 272. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.