The Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, Mission Board, Inc., Moundridge, Kansas, is the official central organization of the conference, empowered to receive and make use of monies, lands, wills, etc., for mission purposes. Through it the general mission program and activities of the church are carried out. The Mission Board is the outgrowth of the Western District Mission Board, of which A. L. Yost of Moundridge was the first chairman. Mission activities were carried on before its organization in 1921. In 1933 the Mission Board was formed. It was composed of nine members, five of whom were executive. It had a chairman, a secretary, a treasurer, and six other members. All districts in the United States and in Canada were represented. The terms of three members expired at each conference, with conference usually convening at intervals of from three to four years. The board was responsible to the general conference of the church. Its annual current budget in 1950 was approximately $15,000. The outstanding achievements of the board to that date had been, first, to start mission work in Mexico, and second, the successful operation of a hospital and school program in Mexico.
|Author(s)||P. G Hiebert|
Cite This Article
Hiebert, P. G. "Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, Mission Board, Inc.." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 3 May 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite,_Mission_Board,_Inc.&oldid=86797.
Hiebert, P. G. (1953). Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, Mission Board, Inc.. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 May 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite,_Mission_Board,_Inc.&oldid=86797.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.