From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Das Christliche Volksblatt was a 4-page, biweekly 15 x 22 in. German religious journal, edited by John H. Oberholtzer, first issue 30 July 1856. It followed the Religiöser Botschafter, which had been started by Oberholtzer in the same town in 1852. The first paper had been a private venture, while Das Christliche Volksblatt was published by a stock company, the Mennonitischer Druck-Verein, Milford Square, Pennsylvania. In January 1867 the name was changed to Der Mennonitische Friedensbote, and under this name continued until 1882, when it was merged with Zur Heimath to become the Christlicher Bundesbote. These papers were forerunners of the later official periodicals of the General Conference Mennonite Church.


Author(s) Paul R Shelly
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Shelly, Paul R. "Christliche Volksblatt, Das (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christliche_Volksblatt,_Das_(Periodical)&oldid=122982.

APA style

Shelly, Paul R. (1953). Christliche Volksblatt, Das (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christliche_Volksblatt,_Das_(Periodical)&oldid=122982.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 584. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.