From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Chortitz Rudnerweider congregation in Chortitz, Saskatchewan began services in the 1930s, and formally organized in 1944. The first building was occupied in 1939. The congregation originated through division from the Old Colony Mennonites and outreach by the Manitoba Rudnerweider churches. The congregation was independent and unaffiliated for the first four years. In 1962 Pastor John Neudorf served as a congregational leader. In 1962 there were 30 members. It merged with the Hague Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference church in 1963. It had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference.

Bibliography

EMMC Recorder (May 1984), 4.

Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/EMMC 1937-1987. 1987: 101ff.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Chortitz Rudnerweider Church (Chortitz, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 25 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chortitz_Rudnerweider_Church_(Chortitz,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=86702.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1986). Chortitz Rudnerweider Church (Chortitz, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chortitz_Rudnerweider_Church_(Chortitz,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=86702.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.