From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Chilliwack Fellowship Church began services in 1956, and formally organized in 1957. Lloyd Pankratz is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Abbotsford Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church and was affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference. The congregation's building was located on Maple Avenue, and the language of worship was English.

The congregation dissolved in 1969 or 1970 (it was last listed in the conference yearbook in 1969) and the church building was converted into a house.

[edit] Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (11 October 1957): 1; (24 November 1961): 10.

Mennonite Observer (8 June 1956): 12.

[edit] Additional Information

Chilliwack Fellowship Church Ministers

Minister Years
Lloyd Pankratz 1957-1960
Melvin R. Friesen 1961-1964
William Zacharias 1966
Emil Schmidt 1967-1968
Henry P. Fast 1969

Chilliwack Fellowship Church Membership

Year Members
1958 8
1960 10
1965 12
1969 24


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published July 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Chilliwack Fellowship Church (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2013. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chilliwack_Fellowship_Church_(Chilliwack,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=115120.

APA style

Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. (July 2013). Chilliwack Fellowship Church (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chilliwack_Fellowship_Church_(Chilliwack,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=115120.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.