From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Chihuahua Kleine Gemeinde Mennonite Church (Mexico) is located about 200 miles (325 km) south of the American border in the "Quellen Kolonie." A tract of approximately 35,000 acres was bought in the region between Namaquipa and Santa Clara in 1948. The immigration from Manitoba began the same year, so that the membership by the close of the year was approximately 160 baptized members, and 262 not baptized. At first church services were held in a large building built on this land by the former owners as a granary. In 1949 a new church was built. Ministers who immigrated the first year with this group were Bishop P. P. Reimer and A. J. Thiessen from the Blumenort district of Manitoba; Cornelius R. Reimer from Kleefeld, Manitoba; and B. R. Dueck and (deacon) P. J. Dueck of Morris, Manitoba. Bishop Reimer died 8 April 1949. Evening schools were attended by the youth above public-school age for the purpose of studying the Scripture and the  German language.


Author(s) David P Reimer
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Reimer, David P. "Chihuahua Kleine Gemeinde Mennonite Settlement (Chihuahua, Mexico)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chihuahua_Kleine_Gemeinde_Mennonite_Settlement_(Chihuahua,_Mexico)&oldid=86677.

APA style

Reimer, David P. (1953). Chihuahua Kleine Gemeinde Mennonite Settlement (Chihuahua, Mexico). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chihuahua_Kleine_Gemeinde_Mennonite_Settlement_(Chihuahua,_Mexico)&oldid=86677.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 556. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.