From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Cheraw, Colorado, the only town in the Holbrook Valley, lies 10 miles (16 km) north of La Junta in Otero County, and in the mid-1950s had a population of 184. The first Mennonite settlers moved into Holbrook Valley at the beginning of the 20th century. The East Holbrook Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), two miles (three km) east of Cheraw, had 130 members in 1949. From about 1900 to 1935 a Mennonite Brethren in Christ church also existed in the community.

Maps

Map:Cheraw (Colorado)


Author(s) Edward Kauffman
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kauffman, Edward. "Cheraw (Colorado, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 1 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cheraw_(Colorado,_USA)&oldid=86661.

APA style

Kauffman, Edward. (1953). Cheraw (Colorado, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cheraw_(Colorado,_USA)&oldid=86661.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 552. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.