From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Channing Bible Chapel (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference) in Channing, Dickinson County, Upper Michigan, (now extinct) was dedicated in October 1944 as a result of home mission work. On 3 May 1943 Leander D. Fast of Mountain Lake, Minnesota, located in this railroad town of about 600 people and began services in a small rented store building in September 1943. In January 1944 an old building was bought and remodeled. Leander Fast served until 30 May 1948 and was followed by Arnold Wall of Dallas, Oregon. The area served in this work included a field of about 20 x 50 miles in which there was no other Gospel witness.


Author(s) Leander D Fast
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fast, Leander D. "Channing Bible Chapel (Channing, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Channing_Bible_Chapel_(Channing,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=86639.

APA style

Fast, Leander D. (1953). Channing Bible Chapel (Channing, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Channing_Bible_Chapel_(Channing,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=86639.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 548. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.