From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:57, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Cavalier County, North Dakota U.S. Census TIGER/Line Map
Cavalier County, North Dakota, was home to approximately 540 Mennonites in 1950. It is located in the northeastern part of the state. The Mennonites, though scattered at that time, were located chiefly in the southwestern part of the county. Approximately 75 per cent were members of the General Conference Mennonite Church, 15 per cent were Mennonite Brethren, and 10 per cent were Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. The first Mennonite settlers perhaps arrived in the county in the early 1880s. In 1950 there were in the county five Mennonite churches and the Bethany Bible Academy, which was located in  Munich.


Author(s) Hellmuth Ortmann
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Ortmann, Hellmuth. "Cavalier County (North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 30 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cavalier_County_(North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=91361.

APA style

Ortmann, Hellmuth. (1953). Cavalier County (North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cavalier_County_(North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=91361.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 537. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.