From GAMEO
Revision as of 23:06, 21 October 2013 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Cass County, Missouri
Source: U.S. Census TIGER/Line map

Cass County, Missouri, approximately 40 miles (65 km) southeast of Kansas City, in the mid-1950s contained a Mennonite congregation ([Old] Mennonite Church, USA) of 250 members. For many years it had two congregations, numbering in 1908 a total of 480 members. Amish Mennonite settlers moved into the area as early as 1860, but regular church services were not held until 1866. Two years later they organized the Clearfork congregation. Out of this church developed the Sycamore Grove and the Bethel congregations, both in the Garden City area in the southeastern part of the county.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Cass County (Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cass_County_(Missouri,_USA)&oldid=102893.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Cass County (Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cass_County_(Missouri,_USA)&oldid=102893.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 522. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.