From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:52, 7 October 2013 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Casey County, Kentucky, Groffdale Old Order Mennonite settlement was started in 1979 by Jacob W, Oberholtzer. He was the presiding bishop at this settlement from 2000 to 2006, when he withdrew from the Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Conference. As of 1 January 2011 the Casey County Groffdale Mennonite Conference settlement contained approximately 30 households. 

The Cedar Hill Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse

The Cedar Hill meetinghouse is a wood frame building that was constructed in 1980 along South Fork Road. Its size was 60 feet by 70 feet. As of 1 January 2011 the following ministry team served the congregation--the ministers were Edward M. Martin (ordained 1997) and James Z. Shirk (ordained 2007), and the deacon was Titus S. Hoover (ordained 1999).

Bibliography

Groffdale Conference Mennonite Church Schedules.

Records of ordinations of the Old Order Mennonites, Groffdale Conference churches, 1750 to 2010. East Earl, PA: [Earl Z. Weaver?], 2010.


Author(s) Jonathan H Martin
Date Published February 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

Martin, Jonathan H. "Casey County Old Order Mennonite Settlement (Kentucky, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2012. Web. 21 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Casey_County_Old_Order_Mennonite_Settlement_(Kentucky,_USA)&oldid=102353.

APA style

Martin, Jonathan H. (February 2012). Casey County Old Order Mennonite Settlement (Kentucky, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Casey_County_Old_Order_Mennonite_Settlement_(Kentucky,_USA)&oldid=102353.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.