From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Canton Cheyenne Mennonite Mission Church (General Conference Mennonite Church) serves the more than 100 Cheyenne Indians living in Custer County between Thomas and Weatherford. This field was turned over to the Mennonites in 1924. On 11 November 1928, a congregation of eleven members was organized and on 23 February 1930, the church, 6½ miles (10.5 km.) south of Thomas, was dedicated. The following missionaries have served in this field: J. B. Ediger 1924-29 and 1936-47, H. J. Kliewer 1929-36, Arthur Friesen 1947, H. M. Dalke 1947-54, August Schmidt 1954-    . The membership in 1955 was 37.


Author(s) August Schmidt
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Schmidt, August. "Canton Cheyenne Mennonite Mission (Thomas, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Canton_Cheyenne_Mennonite_Mission_(Thomas,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=79527.

APA style

Schmidt, August. (1959). Canton Cheyenne Mennonite Mission (Thomas, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Canton_Cheyenne_Mennonite_Mission_(Thomas,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=79527.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1071. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.