From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:24, 9 June 2014 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Morris Run Mennonite Church (MC) is located near Blossburg, Tioga County, Pennsylvania. The start of the work here was occasioned by a Mennonite hunting camp in Fall Brook. Mennonites often attended the Primitive Baptist Church in this rural town when in the community over Sunday, frequently bringing Mennonite preachers with them. At Wheelerville, near by, Grant Noll and others conducted a prosperous summer Bible school for a decade. Upon invitation the Itinerant Evangelism Committee of the Lancaster Conference started a work in the Primitive Baptist Meetinghouse in Fall Brook in 1954. Melvin L. Kauffman was licensed for the work, finally moving into the area and on 19 January 1958, was ordained as pastor. The membership in the late 1950s was 15.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Calvary Mennonite Fellowship (Morris Run, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Morris_Run,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122945.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Calvary Mennonite Fellowship (Morris Run, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Morris_Run,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122945.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1110. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.