From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:39, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Calvary Evangelical Missionary congregation began services in 1899. Its first building was occupied in 1903; there was a subsequent building program in 1963. 

Pastor Mary Turner served in 2010 as a congregational leader. In 1900 there were 27 members; in 1925, 82; in 1950, 96; in 1975, 76; in 1985, 108; in 1995, 95; in 2000, 108. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (1899-1947), United Missionary Church (1947-1969), Missionary Church (1969-1993), and the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, Canada East District (1993-). The language of worship is English.

Contents

Bibliography

History of Calvary Missionary Church, Owen Sound.

Additional Information

Address: 655 Tenth St. West, Owen Sound, Ontario

Phone: 519-376-4179

Website: Calvary Evangelical Missionary Church

Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada

Maps

Map:Calvary Evangelical Missionary Church (Owen Sound, Ontario)


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Calvary Evangelical Missionary Church (Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 2 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Owen_Sound,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=86479.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Calvary Evangelical Missionary Church (Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Calvary_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Owen_Sound,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=86479.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.