Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)

Jump to: navigation, search

Calvary Church (formerly Calvary Mennonite Church until 1967) in Souderton, Pennsylvania is an unaffiliated congregation. It was organized in 1950 by dissidents who had withdrawn from several congregations of the Franconia Mennonite Conference because of dissatisfaction with some of the aspects of the conference discipline. William Anders, a minister of the Towamencin congregation, became their leader. In 1952 a new meetinghouse was built. At that time the membership was 160.

Additional Information

Address: 820 Route 113, Souderton, Pennsylvania

Phone: 215-723-0963

Website: Calvary Church

Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Mar 2018.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86472.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1953). Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 March 2018, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86472.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 495. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.