From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:46, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
The Burton Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church; later known as Pleasant Hill), a member of the Ohio and Eastern Conference, located three miles (five km) northwest of Burton, Ohio, was organized in 1948 by persons largely of Old Order Amish background. A former Methodist church was purchased. In 1959 the membership was 100, with John F. Garber as pastor-bishop. The congregation disbanded on 27 September 1998 and reorganized as the New Mercies Community Church. 



Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Burton Mennonite Church (Burton, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 31 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Burton_Mennonite_Church_(Burton,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=55294.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Burton Mennonite Church (Burton, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Burton_Mennonite_Church_(Burton,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=55294.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1069. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.