From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Burns Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Church, located in Burns, Marion County, Kansas, was organized in 1938. Worship services were conducted in several places in the community until a church building was purchased. Ernest F. Wiggers was the preacher in charge in 1953. Allan Schmidt was ordained as deacon in 1945. The church membership was 161, and the Sunday-school enrollment 204 in 1953. The sewing circle was active in supporting missions, hospitals, and relief work.

The congregation sold its meetinghouse in the town of Burns in the early 1950s, and built a new meetinghouse three miles (five km) south of the town, at which time it changed its name to Eden Mennonite Church.


Author(s) Ernest F Wiggers
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiggers, Ernest F. "Burns Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Burns, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Burns_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Burns,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=86392.

APA style

Wiggers, Ernest F. (1953). Burns Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Burns, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Burns_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Burns,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=86392.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 478-479. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.