From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Brown City Missionary Church (formerly United Missionary) was the first church to be built in the Michigan Conference. It was dedicated 22 November 1885, Bernhard Kreutziger being the first pastor. Destroyed by fire in 1894, a new site was procured and a brick church was built the following year under Ebenezer Anthony. The first Michigan annual conference met here in April 1897. Altogether 20 annual conferences had been held in this church and two General Conferences (1908 and 1924) by 1950. In 1952 there were 138 members, the pastor beginning 1946 was H. L. Matteson.

In 2009 the Senior Pastor was Rick Fledderjohann.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 8935 Burnside Road, Brown City, Michigan

Phone: 810-346-4673

Website: Brown City Missionary Church

Denominational Affiliation: Missionary Church USA

[edit] Maps

Map:Brown City Missionary Church (Brown, City, Michigan)


Author(s) Everek R Storms
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Storms, Everek R. "Brown City Missionary Church (Brown City, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Brown_City_Missionary_Church_(Brown_City,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=83387.

APA style

Storms, Everek R. (1953). Brown City Missionary Church (Brown City, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Brown_City_Missionary_Church_(Brown_City,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=83387.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 440. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.