From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:55, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
Location of the Bright Mennonite Church, Ninth Line & Hubbard, Blandford Township, Oxford County, Ontario. The building was located inside the fence near the location of the sign.
The Bright Mennonite congregation began services in 1938, and formally organized in 1950s. The congregation originated through outreach by the Ontario Mennonite Mission Board and the St. Jacobs Mennonite Church. Initially it was an outreach mission by young people from St. Jacobs Mennonite.

Bright withdrew from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1960 to join Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario in which Moses Baer was a leader. The congregation ceased to exist in 1969 when Moses Baer left for the Bluevale area further north. The church's building no longer stands.

See also Blandford Mennonite Church (Bright, Ontario, Canada)

Bibliography

Mennonite Encyclopedia "Blandford."

Cressman, Kenneth. "The Development of the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario." Unpublished paper,1976.

Cressman,  Kenneth. "A Descriptive Analysis of the Conservative Mennonite Schisms in Ontario, 1956-1979." Unpublished paper,1979, 92 pp.

Maps

Map:Blandford Mennonite Church - 2nd (Bright, Ontario)


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Bright Mennonite Mission (Bright, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bright_Mennonite_Mission_(Bright,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91238.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Bright Mennonite Mission (Bright, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bright_Mennonite_Mission_(Bright,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91238.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.