From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bridgeport is a small borough, largely Roman Catholic in population, on the west side of the Schuylkill River opposite Norristown, Pennsylvania. Efforts toward establishment of a Mennonite mission were begun in 1945; the resulting mission station was an outgrowth of the Norristown Mission under the direction of Markley Clemmer. Located at 318 DeKalb St., the mission was controlled by the Franconia Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities. The mission congregation in 1953 had a membership of 25.


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Bridgeport Mennonite Mission (Bridgeport, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 27 May 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bridgeport_Mennonite_Mission_(Bridgeport,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76022.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1953). Bridgeport Mennonite Mission (Bridgeport, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 May 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bridgeport_Mennonite_Mission_(Bridgeport,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=76022.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 429. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.