From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bridgeport, formerly a village near Kitchener, Ontario, was annexed to Kitchener in 1973. A short distance from Bridgeport was located the Union church, built in 1848, in which Mennonites, United Brethren, and Lutherans at various times held services. Perhaps as early as 1890, Mennonites conducted Sunday school in the church and a few years later had preaching services there every four weeks, although they never organized a congregation. Around 1918 Mennonite meetings were discontinued and the work closed.

[edit] Maps

Map:Bridgeport (Ontario)


Author(s) Lewis J Burkholder
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Burkholder, Lewis J. "Bridgeport (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 12 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bridgeport_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91235.

APA style

Burkholder, Lewis J. (1953). Bridgeport (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bridgeport_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91235.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 428. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.