Revision as of 13:55, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Brandon Evangelical Mennonite Church was located at 1931 Van Horne Ave., Brandon, Manitoba, in the downtown area. Dave and Audrey Wiebe began the church plant from a core group of 14 adults. The church met in the Wiebe’s home, then in a local school and then, as numbers increased, at the Elks Hall until 15 November 1987 when they had their first church service in their own building. When the Wiebes left for further education in August 1994, Wil and Lynn Warkentin arrived as a pastoral couple. The congregation held its last service 11 November 2001. 

In 1995 there were 39 members; in 2000, 24. The congregation was affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference. The language of worship was English.

The congregation was known as Kirkcaldy Heights Fellowship until August 1988.


Hildebrandt, Shari. "Last chapter of Brandon EMC." The Messenger 40 (16 January 2002). (Accessed 18 July 2008)

Messenger (8 January 1988): 10; (29 April 1988), 12.

Records kept at the church.

Author(s) Marlene Epp
Sam Steiner
Date Published July 2008

Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "Brandon Evangelical Mennonite Church (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2008. Web. 23 Jun 2017.,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=91212.

APA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (July 2008). Brandon Evangelical Mennonite Church (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 June 2017, from,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=91212.

©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.