From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:55, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Braeside Home in 1952. David Hunsberger photo, Mennonite Archives of Ontario DH-547
Braeside Home was a home for the aged that served the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the local community, with a capacity of 25 guests. It was established 1 May 1943 in the town of Preston, Ontario, and placed in charge of a superintendent and matron, John A. and Dora Cressman. The formal opening and dedication was held on 1 June 1943. The deed for the property was held by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. A management board, consisting of five brethren appointed yearly, with the superintendent as a nonvoting member, was responsible for its operation.

In 1956, the Fairview Mennonite Home, also in Preston (later Cambridge), Ontario, opened and the Braeside facility was closed.


Author(s) John A Cressman
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Cressman, John A. "Braeside Home (Preston, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Braeside_Home_(Preston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91207.

APA style

Cressman, John A. (1953). Braeside Home (Preston, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Braeside_Home_(Preston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91207.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 400. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.