The Bowlings Creek Mennonite Church near Buckhorn, Kentucky is a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference. The first Bible school on Bowlings Creek was held in the summer of 1947. As the interest was good, Frank Dutcher and his wife were asked to move into the area and establish work there. Sunday school was started December 1947 with an attendance of 65. An acre of land with a small house was purchased for the mission home. Services were held in the schoolhouse. In the summer of 1949 a new house was built and in 1951 services were held in the basement of the new house. Most of the road to the mission was in the rocky creek bed and the means of transportation were walking, horseback, or wagon. The 1951 membership was nine. Workers there in 1951 were Frank and Gertrude Dutcher and Fannie Yoder.
In 2009 the membership was 26; the pastor was Calvin Eash.
 Additional Information
Address: 16660 Kentucky Hwy 28, Buckhorn, Kentucky (located three miles beyond Breathitt/Perry County Line on Route 1388)
Denominational Affiliation: Conservative Mennonite Conference
 Cite This Article
Dutcher, Frank. "Bowlings Creek Mennonite Church (Buckhorn, Kentucky, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bowlings_Creek_Mennonite_Church_(Buckhorn,_Kentucky,_USA)&oldid=75919.
Dutcher, Frank. (1953). Bowlings Creek Mennonite Church (Buckhorn, Kentucky, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bowlings_Creek_Mennonite_Church_(Buckhorn,_Kentucky,_USA)&oldid=75919.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.