From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Boqueirão Mennonite Brethren Church (Menonita do Boqueirão) (Brazil)) was organized in 1936 at the beginning of the Mennonite settlement made in the Boqueirão area near the city of Curitiba by settlers moving from the Krauel Colony in Santa Catharina. It was first called the Curitiba Mennonite Brethren Church. In 1957 it had 260 members, with Peter Hamm as leader. Jacob Huebert was long elder. As it grew, three daughter churches were organized at Guarituba (1957), Villa Guaira (1957), and Saltobach (1955).

[edit] Maps

Map:Boqueirão Mennonite Brethren Church (Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Boqueirão Mennonite Brethren Church (Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Boqueir%C3%A3o_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Curitiba,_Paran%C3%A1,_Brazil)&oldid=75866.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Boqueirão Mennonite Brethren Church (Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Boqueir%C3%A3o_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Curitiba,_Paran%C3%A1,_Brazil)&oldid=75866.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1068. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.