From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:07, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Bohuslavice (German Bohuslawitz, Postlawitz, Poslawitz), a vil­lage near Gaya in Moravia, belonging to the domains of Bucovice. In 1545 the Hutterian Brethren acquired a house here with a mill, in the spring of the following year another house, and on 7 May 1547, the third house. Although this seems to have been one of the larger Bruderhofs, it was apparent­ly abandoned later. Nothing more is heard of it, nor is it mentioned in the list of the Bruderhofs vacated in 1622.

Bibliography

Beck, Josef. Die Geschichts-Bücher der Wiedertäufer in Oesterreich-Ungarn. Vienna, 1883; reprinted Nieuwkoop: De Graaf, 1967.

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 386.    

Wolkan, Rudolf. Geschicht-Buch der Hutterischen Brüder. Macleod, AB, and Vienna, 1923.

Zieglschmid, A. J. F. Die älteste Chronik der Hutterischen Brüder: Ein Sprachdenkmal aus frühneuhochdeutscher Zeit. Ithaca: Cayuga Press, 1943: 249.

Maps

Map:Bohuslavice (Czech Republic)


Author(s) Paul Dedic
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Dedic, Paul. "Bohuslavice (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bohuslavice_(Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=79416.

APA style

Dedic, Paul. (1959). Bohuslavice (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bohuslavice_(Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=79416.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 206. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.