Until 1772 Bohnsackerweide was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province on 31 January 1773, called West Prussia, in which the village was located. Bohnsackerweide was situated in the district (Kreis) of Danzig from 1818 until 1887, when it became part of the district of Danziger Niederung. Bohnsackerweide became part of the Free City of Danzig from 1920 until the outbreak of World War II in 1939, when it came under the control of Nazi Germany. In February 1945 it was occupied by Soviet forces and eventually returned to Poland. In 2013 Sobieszewska Pastwa was part of Gdańsk, Poland.
In 1820 Bohnsackerweide had 104 inhabitants, of which nine were Mennonites.
Mennonites who were residents of Bohnsackerweide were members of the Bärwalde Mennonite Church.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 21 April 2013. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/ortssuche.php.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2013|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Bohnsackerweide (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 28 Apr 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bohnsackerweide_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94104.
Thiessen, Richard D. (April 2013). Bohnsackerweide (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 April 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bohnsackerweide_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94104.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.