From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:49, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Blumenort Mennonite congregation at Rosenort West began services in 1925. The first building was occupied in 1925. Jacob J. Klassen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.

The Rosenort Blumenorter church ceased to exist as a separate congregation when the Blumenorter was centralized in 1958 with a new church building in Rosenort (Rosetown).

See also Blumenort Mennonite Church (Manitoba, Canada)

Bibliography

Zacharias, Peter D. Footprints of a Pilgrim People: Story of the Blumenort Mennonite Church. Gretna: Blumenort Mennonite Church, 1985, 291 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Blumenort Mennonite Church (Rosenort West, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Rosenort_West,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75781.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Blumenort Mennonite Church (Rosenort West, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Rosenort_West,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75781.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.