From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Blumenort Mennonite congregation at Gnadenthal, Manitoba dissolved in 1971 when it merged with the Blumenort Church at Rosenort. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1926-1971) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1927-1971).

The congregation began services in 1924. The first building was occupied in 1942. Jacob J. Klassen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

See also Blumenort Mennonite Church (Manitoba, Canada)

[edit] Bibliography

Gnadenthal 1880-1980. Winkler: Gnadenthal History Book Committee, 1982, 232 pp.

Zacharias, Peter D. Footprints of a Pilgrim People: Story of the Blumenort Mennonite Church. Gretna: Blumenort Mennonite Church, 1985, 291 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Blumenort Mennonite Church (Gnadenthal, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 18 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Gnadenthal,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75776.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Blumenort Mennonite Church (Gnadenthal, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Gnadenthal,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75776.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.