Until 1772 Blumenort was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Blumenort was located. Blumenort was situated in the district (Kreis) of Elbing until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. Blumenort came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. In 2012 the hamlet of Blumenort no longer existed. Neighboring village Rosenort (now Suchowo) is a settlement in the administrative district of Gmina Nowy Dwór Gdański, within Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The 1776 Prussian census lists 13 Mennonite families in Blumenort with the following surnames: Fast, Friesen, Gerbrandt, Neufeldt, Penner, Quiring, Siemens, Warkentin, Wiebe, and Wiens. In 1820 Blumenort had 65 inhabitants, of which 49 were Mennonites.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2013|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Blumenort (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 25 May 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=79406.
Thiessen, Richard D. (April 2013). Blumenort (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=79406.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.