From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Blumenhof Mission Hall began services about 1949 in Blumenhof, Manitoba. It originated through division from the Blumenort Evangelical Mennonite Church.

Blumenhof was begun by members who were interested in progressive change and revivalism, influenced by Pentecostal ministers at Alternative Service camps. All the members of the congregation were excommunicated by the Evangelical Mennonite Conference in 1951, probably because they held communion outside the church. The group moved to Steinbach in 1958 and became known as the Bethel Pentecostal Chapel.

[edit] Bibliography

Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: A Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1987


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Blumenhof Mission Hall (Blumenhof, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1987. Web. 19 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenhof_Mission_Hall_(Blumenhof,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75770.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1987). Blumenhof Mission Hall (Blumenhof, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenhof_Mission_Hall_(Blumenhof,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75770.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.