From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:49, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Blumengart, a Hutterite Bruderhof, six miles (10 km) south west of Plum Coulee, Manitoba, in the 1940s owned a little over 4,000 acres of land, which had formerly belonged to Mennonites who migrated to Mexico. It was settled by the Hutterites in 1922, when Johann Hofer moved to the site with 15 families. In 1933 Samuel Kleinsasser was chosen preacher. In 1938 he with 11 families founded the Sturgeon Creek Bruderhof four miles north of Headingly, Manitoba. In 1942 Jakob Hofer was chosen preacher. In 1947 Blumengart numbered 118 souls, of whom 47 were baptized members.

In 2012 the colony was a member of the  the Schmiedeleut Group 2. The minister of the colony was Ike Waldner and the manager of the colony was Tim Waldner.

Additional Information

Location: Plum Coulee, Manitoba (coordinates: 49.133055, -97.7947222 [49° 07′ 59″ N, 97° 47′ 41″ W])

Address: Box 13, Plum Coulee, Manitoba, R0G 1R0

Phone: 204-829-3607

Maps

Map:Blumengart Hutterite Colony (Plum Coulee, Manitoba)


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published February 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Blumengart Hutterite Colony (Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumengart_Hutterite_Colony_(Plum_Coulee,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75764.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (February 2013). Blumengart Hutterite Colony (Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumengart_Hutterite_Colony_(Plum_Coulee,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75764.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 371. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.