From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Blumenau Mennonite Brethren Church, Santa Catharina, Brazil, was organized in 1923 by Elder Jacob Hubert of Witmarsum (Krauel Colony) and continued until 1949 as an affiliate. In that year on petition of the group it was officially accepted by Elder G. H. Rosenfeld of the Waldheim, Witmarsum, congregation as an independent Mennonite Brethren congregation, connected with Waldheim, and with a membership of 14. When the Krauel Mennonite Brethren group moved to Bagé, the Blumenau Mennonite Brethren congregation transferred its connection to the Curitiba M.B. Church. In 1955 the congregation had 21 members, with Wilhelm Koettker as leader. The congregation was then planning to build a meetinghouse.

[edit] Bibliography

Koettker, W. "Mennoniten-Brüder Gemeinde Blumenau, Brasilien." Mennonitische Rundschau 78 (1955): 81.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Blumenau Mennonite Brethren Church (Blumenau, Santa Catharina Brazil)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenau_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Blumenau,_Santa_Catharina_Brazil)&oldid=75761.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1953). Blumenau Mennonite Brethren Church (Blumenau, Santa Catharina Brazil). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenau_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Blumenau,_Santa_Catharina_Brazil)&oldid=75761.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1066. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.