From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Blue Ball, Pennsylvania, is a village located on the original Jacob Weaver 1723 tract in the Weaverland (Weberthal) district. In 1766 Robert Wallace bought of Jacob Weaver II a 12-acre tract and built the store and tavern "at the sign of the Blue Ball." It has been a town of retired Mennonites, and a Mennonite center for machine shop products, agricultural implements, and by the 1950s banking. Weaver's Book Store and the Weaverland churches were near by. It was the center of a dense Mennonite settlement. The population was about 500 in 1950.

[edit] Maps

Map:Blue Ball (Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Blue Ball (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blue_Ball_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75751.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Blue Ball (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blue_Ball_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75751.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 366. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.