Blue Ball (Pennsylvania, USA)

Revision as of 18:49, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Blue Ball, Pennsylvania, is a village located on the original Jacob Weaver 1723 tract in the Weaverland (Weberthal) district. In 1766 Robert Wallace bought of Jacob Weaver II a 12-acre tract and built the store and tavern "at the sign of the Blue Ball." It has been a town of retired Mennonites, and a Mennonite center for machine shop products, agricultural implements, and by the 1950s banking. Weaver's Book Store and the Weaverland churches were near by. It was the center of a dense Mennonite settlement. The population was about 500 in 1950.


Map:Blue Ball (Pennsylvania)

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Blue Ball (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Mar 2018.,_USA)&oldid=75751.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Blue Ball (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 March 2018, from,_USA)&oldid=75751.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 366. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.