Blough Mennonite Church (Holsopple, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:49, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

Blough Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) was the first Mennonite church established in Conemaugh Township, Somerset County, Pennsylvania. Located near Davidsville, it had its origin after Jacob Blough was ordained to the ministry in 1804. He was ordained bishop in 1814. The congregation was using its fourth building in the 1950s, three of them having been on the present grounds. The congregation belonged to the Southwestern Pennsylvania Conference (now Allegheny Mennonite Conference) and was the first to entertain the conference after its organization in 1876. Harry C. Blough, bishop, and John A. Lehman, minister, served this congregation of 221 members in 1953. In 2007 there were 102 members.

Additional Information

Address: 794 Woodstown Highway, Hollsopple, Pennsylvania

Phone: 814-479-7566

Denominational Affiliations:

Allegheny Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Blough Mennonite Church (Holsopple, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Ammon Kaufman
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kaufman, Ammon. "Blough Mennonite Church (Holsopple, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 13 Dec 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blough_Mennonite_Church_(Holsopple,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75749.

APA style

Kaufman, Ammon. (1953). Blough Mennonite Church (Holsopple, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 December 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blough_Mennonite_Church_(Holsopple,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75749.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 366. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.