Blainsport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Reinholds, Pennsylvania (before 1947 known as Cocalico) was a mission station of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference in northeastern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in the old Swamp Union Meetinghouse built in 1865. The Indiantown-Bowmansville ministers held meetings in the vicinity in the 19th century, but not in this building. The Ephrata congregation reopened this house as a mission station in 1926 with Christian Mosemann and Daniel Stauffer as superintendents. The field workers of the Lancaster Mennonite Mission Board and the ministers of the Ephrata-Indiantown congregation preached here until Wilmer M. Eby was ordained for the work in 1938. Levi G. High in 1946 was ordained as deacon. In 1947 a brick church was built near Blainsport, two miles east of the Union House. In 1953 the membership was 63, with a Sunday-school enrollment of 136 and a summer Bible school with an average attendance of 155. In 2009 the membership was 171; the pastor was Eric P. Marshall.
 Additional Information
Address: 85 South Blainsport Road, Reinholds, Pennsylvania 17569
Website: Blainsport Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||Ira D Landis|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D. "Blainsport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blainsport_Mennonite_Church_(Reinholds,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75703.
Landis, Ira D. (1953). Blainsport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blainsport_Mennonite_Church_(Reinholds,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75703.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.