Billmyer Mennonite Mission (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Billmyer Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church), in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, was conducted in a chapel on the Baker lime quarries tract along the Susquehanna between Marietta and Bainbridge. It was in charge of the Elizabethtown ministers and served the African-American residents of the area in the period 1929-1934, after which it was discontinued.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Billmyer Mennonite Mission (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 16 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Billmyer_Mennonite_Mission_(Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75656.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Billmyer Mennonite Mission (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Billmyer_Mennonite_Mission_(Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75656.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 342. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.