From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Big Bend, a Hutterite Bruderhof near Woolford, Alberta, (east of Cardston) founded in 1922 by members of the New Elm Springs Bruderhof of Ethan, South Dakota, with their preacher Johann Entz, who had been chosen to the ministry in 1911 at the New Elm Springs Bruderhof. Jacob J. Entz was chosen preacher in 1940. In 1947 the Bruderhof numbered 135 souls, with 52 baptized members.

In 2012 the Big Bend Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony. The minister was Jake Waldner and the manager was Tim G. Gross.

Additional Information

Location: Cardston, Alberta (coordinates: 49.163611, -113.141111  [49° 09' 49" N, 113° 08' 28" W])

Address: Box 610, Cardston, AB T0K 0K0

Telephone: 403-653-4383


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published June 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Big Bend Hutterite Colony (Cardston, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2013. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Big_Bend_Hutterite_Colony_(Cardston,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=75645.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (June 2013). Big Bend Hutterite Colony (Cardston, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Big_Bend_Hutterite_Colony_(Cardston,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=75645.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 341. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.