From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Beth-Car Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church was located at Staten Island, New York. Organized in 1938, the 1953 membership was 51, with Robert W. Smock serving as pastor. In 1959, after the Pennsylvania Mennonite Brethren in Christ became the Bible Fellowship Church, the congregation became the Bible Fellowship Church of Staten Island. In 1991 the congregation asked Ralph Ritter, a member of the Plymouth Brethren, to be its pastor. Within a short time the congregation identified with the "open" Brethren and left the Bible Fellowship Church. In 1999 it had 63 members.

[edit] Bibliography

Peterson, Ralph L. A history of some assemblies of Christians in the United States and Canada. 1999. http://www.emmaus.edu/files/Documents/History%20of%20Brethren%20Mvt/history_8.htm (accessed 20 May 2009)


Author(s) J. H. Riggall
Sam Steiner
Date Published May 2009


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Riggall, J. H. and Sam Steiner. "Beth-Car Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (Staten Island, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2009. Web. 28 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Beth-Car_Mennonite_Brethren_in_Christ_Church_(Staten_Island,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=75493.

APA style

Riggall, J. H. and Sam Steiner. (May 2009). Beth-Car Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (Staten Island, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Beth-Car_Mennonite_Brethren_in_Christ_Church_(Staten_Island,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=75493.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 304. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.