Bethlehem Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Bloomfield, Dawson County, Montana, is a member of the Northern District Conference with a membership of 157 in 1953. A group of Low-German Mennonites originally from Karolswalde, Poland, coming here from Avon, South Dakota, in 1906 and a group of Swiss Volhynian Mennonites coming from Freeman, South Dakota in 1910, were organized into a church in 1910 by H. A. Bachman of Freeman. A third group from Marion and Dalton, South Dakota, of Low-German background, moved into the community in 1910 and joined the congregation in 1911. The 1950s-era church was dedicated in the spring of 1951. Pastors who had served the church to that time were P. P. Tschetter, 1913-1915; John M. Franz, 1916-1919 and 1921-1923; John Baergen, 1923-1926; David D. Schultz (lay minister), 1926-1927; Abe P. Unruh, 1927-1928; Jacob Sawatzky, 1928-1938; Herbert Widmer, 1939-1943; and George G. Dick, 1943- .
The pastor in 2009 was Darrell Nefzger; the membership was 72.
 Additional Information
Address: 183 Road 516, Bloomfield, Montana
North Central Conference of the Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||George G Dick|
 Cite This Article
Dick, George G. "Bethlehem Mennonite Church (Bloomfield, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 28 Apr 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethlehem_Mennonite_Church_(Bloomfield,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=75586.
Dick, George G. (1953). Bethlehem Mennonite Church (Bloomfield, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 April 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethlehem_Mennonite_Church_(Bloomfield,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=75586.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.