From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Bethesda Fellowship congregation began services in 1959, and formally organized in 1973. The first building was occupied in 1974. Abe Janzen and Mr. Bateson are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Ontario Mennonite Brethren Conference and John Klassen. Bethesda took over the former Associated Gospel Church in 1969.

The church was Spragge, ON, P0R 1K0. Located 0.25 mile west of Highway 17 and 108 Junction near Spragge, Ontario. Pastor Rickey Bruce served in 1992 as a non-salaried congregational leader. In 1975 there were 28 members; in 1985, 20; in 1992, 14. The congregation severed its relationship to the conference in 1994. It had been affiliated with the Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1978-1994), Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. The language of worship was English. The congregations appears to have closed shortly after.

Bibliography

Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 55; (18 March 1994).

Church records at the church.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Sam Steiner
Date Published August 2009


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "Bethesda Fellowship (Spragge, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethesda_Fellowship_(Spragge,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=75572.

APA style

Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (August 2009). Bethesda Fellowship (Spragge, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethesda_Fellowship_(Spragge,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=75572.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.