From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 18 miles (28 km) north of Wolf Point, Roosevelt County, Montana, was organized 27 July 1924 after Sunday school had been conducted for a number of years. There were 18 charter members. The basement of the church was built in June 1929, and the wooden superstructure was dedicated on 13 June 1937. In 1925 this congregation joined the Northern District Conference and in 1926 the General Conference Mennonite Church. On 27 March 1947, the congregation was duly incorporated under the laws of the State of Montana. The parsonage was built in 1944. Its 1952 membership was 83. In 2005 there were 18 active members. The congregation closed in 2005; it held its closing service on 17 July 2005. The last pastor was Marvin Penner.

Bibliography

Ferris Toavs to Sam Steiner, 4 December 2009.


Author(s) Ben J. Nickel
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2009


Cite This Article

MLA style

Nickel, Ben J. and Sam Steiner. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Wolf Point, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2009. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Wolf_Point,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=75557.

APA style

Nickel, Ben J. and Sam Steiner. (2009). Bethel Mennonite Church (Wolf Point, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Wolf_Point,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=75557.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 313. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.