The Bethel (Perkasie) Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church) of the Eastern District Conference was located in Perkasie, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. In 1900 a mission of local Mennonite families was started in the Baptist Church. The congregation was organized in June 1905. In 1906 a site was purchased and in 1911 a brick church was built. Ministers who served the church to 1952 were Harvey W. Shelly, 1905; William H. Grubb, 1905-1910; Harvey W. Shelly, 1910-1918; Allen M. Fretz, 1918-1942; Ward W. Shelly, 1942-1951; and Lester Janzen, 1951- . Deacons who served were Harvey H. Baum, 1905-1910; Clayton F. Myers, 1910-1945; Ralph N. Lewis, 1946- . The Sunday school was organized in 1905, The membership in 1908 was 35 and in 1952, 63.
"Bethel Mennonite Church." Mennonite Yearbook and Almanac (1913).
Wenger, J. C. History of the Mennonites of the Franconia Conference. Telford, PA: Franconia Mennonite Historical Society, 1937.
|Author(s)||J. Herbert Fretz|
 Cite This Article
Fretz, J. Herbert. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 3 Sep 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Perkasie,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75549.
Fretz, J. Herbert. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Perkasie,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75549.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.