From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:42, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was a member of the Eastern District Conference. It was organized in 1946 by a group of interested laymen with the assistance of the Eastern District Home Mission Committee. Don E. Smucker was its first pastor. The 1952 membership was 65.

The Bethel congregation closed on 30 October 2005 at which time it had a membership of 89. The pastor in 2005 was Marlin E. Thomas. Its facility was purchased by the African Community Church of Lancaster, which had begun to rent space from Bethel in November 2004.


Bibliography

Ingen, Lori van. "One door closes, another opens." Intelligencer Journal (5 November 2005).



Author(s) Abe M. Wiebe
Sam Steiner
Date Published August 2009


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, Abe M. and Sam Steiner. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 23 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=54619.

APA style

Wiebe, Abe M. and Sam Steiner. (August 2009). Bethel Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=54619.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 312. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.