From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was a member of the Eastern District Conference. It was organized in 1946 by a group of interested laymen with the assistance of the Eastern District Home Mission Committee. Don E. Smucker was its first pastor. The 1952 membership was 65.

The Bethel congregation closed on 30 October 2005 at which time it had a membership of 89. The pastor in 2005 was Marlin E. Thomas. Its facility was purchased by the African Community Church of Lancaster, which had begun to rent space from Bethel in November 2004.

[edit] Bibliography

Ingen, Lori van. "One door closes, another opens." Intelligencer Journal (5 November 2005).


Author(s) Abe M. Wiebe
Sam Steiner
Date Published August 2009


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, Abe M. and Sam Steiner. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 25 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75543.

APA style

Wiebe, Abe M. and Sam Steiner. (August 2009). Bethel Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75543.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 312. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.