From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Bethel Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), one mile (1.5 km) north of Job in Randolph County, [[West Virginia (USA)|West Virginia]], on the west side of the Allegheny Mountains, was under the general direction of the Home Mission Board of the Middle District of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]]. It was already in the 1870s a preaching point. In 1907 a church was built, and also a mission home for resident workers, who to a large extent replaced itinerant leaders who had come to the field once or twice a month. The church had a membership of 34 in the early 1950s. The congregation was last listed in the [[Mennonite Yearbook and Directory|<em>Mennonite Yearbook</em>]] in 1979. At that time it had 12 members; Roy F. Good was the pastor.
+
Bethel Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), one mile (1.5 km) north of Job in Randolph County, [[West Virginia (USA)|West Virginia]], on the west side of the Allegheny Mountains, was under the general direction of the Home Mission Board of the Middle District of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]]. It was already in the 1870s a preaching point. In 1907 a church was built, and also a mission home for resident workers, who to a large extent replaced itinerant leaders who had come to the field once or twice a month. The church had a membership of 34 in the early 1950s. The congregation was last listed in the [[Mennonite Yearbook and Directory|<em>Mennonite Yearbook</em>]] in 1979. At that time it had 12 members; Roy F. Good was the pastor.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 312|date=1953|a1_last=Brunk|a1_first=Harry A|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 312|date=1953|a1_last=Brunk|a1_first=Harry A|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 13:54, 23 August 2013

Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), one mile (1.5 km) north of Job in Randolph County, West Virginia, on the west side of the Allegheny Mountains, was under the general direction of the Home Mission Board of the Middle District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. It was already in the 1870s a preaching point. In 1907 a church was built, and also a mission home for resident workers, who to a large extent replaced itinerant leaders who had come to the field once or twice a month. The church had a membership of 34 in the early 1950s. The congregation was last listed in the Mennonite Yearbook in 1979. At that time it had 12 members; Roy F. Good was the pastor.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Job, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Job,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=91088.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Job, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Job,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=91088.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 312. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.