From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 256 8th Avenue, Imnan, [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]], was organized January 1875 with 35 members and Jacob Klassen as minister. He served as the first elder from 1877 to 1879. Other elders up to 1953 were Heinrich Toews, 1879 to 1912; Klaas Kroeker, 1912 to 1936; and P. T. Neufeld, 1936 to 1953. The church was a member of the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] (later Mennonite Church USA) and of the [[Western District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Western District Conference]], with a membership of 313 in 1953 (389 in 2004). The first meetinghouse, used until 1897, was an adobe building, erected in 1880 a mile south of the present location. Then a wooden structure was erected at the present location. This was used till 1928, when it was destroyed by lightning. Thereupon a new building was erected, with a seating capacity of about 400. In 1953 the church was again destroyed by fire and a new brick church was built. Additional space was added in 1986. The church had furnished the following missionaries through 1953: H. T. Neufelds, John Thiessens, Frank Ennses, John T. Neufeld, Eva Pauls, Henry Toews, George B. Neufelds, and Arthur Thiessens.
 
Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 256 8th Avenue, Imnan, [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]], was organized January 1875 with 35 members and Jacob Klassen as minister. He served as the first elder from 1877 to 1879. Other elders up to 1953 were Heinrich Toews, 1879 to 1912; Klaas Kroeker, 1912 to 1936; and P. T. Neufeld, 1936 to 1953. The church was a member of the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] (later Mennonite Church USA) and of the [[Western District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Western District Conference]], with a membership of 313 in 1953 (389 in 2004). The first meetinghouse, used until 1897, was an adobe building, erected in 1880 a mile south of the present location. Then a wooden structure was erected at the present location. This was used till 1928, when it was destroyed by lightning. Thereupon a new building was erected, with a seating capacity of about 400. In 1953 the church was again destroyed by fire and a new brick church was built. Additional space was added in 1986. The church had furnished the following missionaries through 1953: H. T. Neufelds, John Thiessens, Frank Ennses, John T. Neufeld, Eva Pauls, Henry Toews, George B. Neufelds, and Arthur Thiessens.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Bethel Mennonite Church. "About us." 2006. [http://www.bethelinman.org/about.html http://www.bethelinman.org/about.html] (accessed 20 December 2006)
 
Bethel Mennonite Church. "About us." 2006. [http://www.bethelinman.org/about.html http://www.bethelinman.org/about.html] (accessed 20 December 2006)
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address:</strong> 256 8th Avenue, Inman, Kansas
 
<strong>Address:</strong> 256 8th Avenue, Inman, Kansas
Line 18: Line 14:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Bethel Mennonite Church (Inman, Kansas)|Map:Bethel Mennonite Church (Inman, Kansas)]]
 
[[Map:Bethel Mennonite Church (Inman, Kansas)|Map:Bethel Mennonite Church (Inman, Kansas)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 312|date=1953|a1_last=Neufeld|a1_first=Peter T|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 312|date=1953|a1_last=Neufeld|a1_first=Peter T|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 18:48, 20 August 2013

Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 256 8th Avenue, Imnan, Kansas, was organized January 1875 with 35 members and Jacob Klassen as minister. He served as the first elder from 1877 to 1879. Other elders up to 1953 were Heinrich Toews, 1879 to 1912; Klaas Kroeker, 1912 to 1936; and P. T. Neufeld, 1936 to 1953. The church was a member of the General Conference Mennonite Church (later Mennonite Church USA) and of the Western District Conference, with a membership of 313 in 1953 (389 in 2004). The first meetinghouse, used until 1897, was an adobe building, erected in 1880 a mile south of the present location. Then a wooden structure was erected at the present location. This was used till 1928, when it was destroyed by lightning. Thereupon a new building was erected, with a seating capacity of about 400. In 1953 the church was again destroyed by fire and a new brick church was built. Additional space was added in 1986. The church had furnished the following missionaries through 1953: H. T. Neufelds, John Thiessens, Frank Ennses, John T. Neufeld, Eva Pauls, Henry Toews, George B. Neufelds, and Arthur Thiessens.

Contents

Bibliography

Bethel Mennonite Church. "About us." 2006. http://www.bethelinman.org/about.html (accessed 20 December 2006)

Additional Information

Address: 256 8th Avenue, Inman, Kansas

Phone: 620-585-6964

Website: Bethel Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Western District Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Bethel Mennonite Church (Inman, Kansas)


Author(s) Peter T Neufeld
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Neufeld, Peter T. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Inman, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Inman,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=75541.

APA style

Neufeld, Peter T. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Inman, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Inman,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=75541.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 312. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.