Minister Linda Brnjas served in 2009 as congregational leader. In 1950 there were 53 members; in 1965, 104; in 1975, 214; in 1985, 247; in 1995, 175; in 2000, 178; in 2006; 126. The congregation affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario from 1948-1988, Mennonite Church Eastern Canada since 1988 and the Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada since 1995. The language of worship is English.
Gospel Herald (6 January 1948): 12; (20 April 1948): 379.
Mennonite Reporter (29 May 1989): 12.
Church records at Mennonite Archives of Ontario include unpublished 2 page history; "Mennonites buy Pilkington United Church," (undated newspaper article) MAO; Mennonites in Canada collection "MC(1830-Moorefield)."
Weber, Linda. "A Brief History of Bethel, Berea, Moorefield, Glen Allan, and Listowel," Research paper, CGC, 1971, 37 pp.
Address: 6772 Eighth Line West, R.R. #1, Elora, Ontario
Website: Bethel Mennonite Church
|Date Published||January 1989|
Cite This Article
Dettweiler, Reuben and Marlene Epp. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Elora, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 26 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Elora,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91087.
Dettweiler, Reuben and Marlene Epp. (January 1989). Bethel Mennonite Church (Elora, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Elora,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91087.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.