From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Bethel Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, was located five miles (eight km) southwest of Weatherford, Cedar Township, Custer County, Oklahoma. The church was organized with 20 members under the guidance of Heinrich and Peter A. Wiebe on 18 November 1897 when a baptismal service was held, and Peter K. Wohlgemuth was elected to serve as first minister. When the mud houses of the members became too small for meeting places, they used a schoolhouse. On 22 August 1904 they dedicated a new church. In 1916 the congregation had a membership of 50. Other ministers who served the congregation are J. M. Friesen and D. E. Harder. The church became extinct in 1937, when the remaining members joined another church and the building was sold.


Author(s) C. F Plett
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Plett, C. F. "Bethel Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church (Weatherford, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Weatherford,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=75522.

APA style

Plett, C. F. (1953). Bethel Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church (Weatherford, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Weatherford,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=75522.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 310. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.